Trying to keep my femininity alive while grappling with unhappy birds of prey and hiking the trails of Elk Island National Park.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

On a clear day you can see this title for miles around.

Definitely one of my favourite views in Elk Island Park:



...and definitely one of the stronger motivations for keeping this blog - to document the changing of it's complexion through the seasons. If the past is any indication of the future to come, that complexion will have bison beauty marks from time to time.

Hopefully I won't find any bison here:



One of us would have to turn around and go back, and intuition informs me that it wouldn't be the buffalo! Thankfully I don't think a buffalo would be even slightly tempted to traverse it, but it is their park - noone would stop them if they were!

Even the tiniest critters can completely transform a view.



I'd be interested to know the story behind this transformation:



....but then the mystery is the beauty in so many ways.

2 comments:

Magnus said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Beautiful park, wish I could say I have been there. I would guess there are a lot of prcupines as well?

tattytiara said...

Good question! I'm sure there have to be, but now that you mention it I don't think I've ever spotted one in there. Seems to me I've seen them everywhere else in the surrounding area. How odd. I will make it a mission to spot me one!

About Me

My photo
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.