Trying to keep my femininity alive while grappling with unhappy birds of prey and hiking the trails of Elk Island National Park.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Beaver Pond Trail

What's the last thing you expect to see on a trail called "Beaver Pond Trail"?



Well it is, really. I think I'd swerve off the road out of sheer shock if I ever saw a deer crossing at a deer crossing sign. They don't know what those signs mean.

Of course the deer don't put those signs up themselves, either. Beavers are considerably more proactive about declaring their presence.

1 comment:

Magnus said...

I am kind of envious. I feel trapped here in the Lower Mainland of BC. I gave up driving and know I can't get out to the wilderness as frequently or as handily as I could when I owned a car. (there's irony dripping all over this situation) My wild life sightings have been limited to skunks, rabbits, a pack of coyotes, rats and mice. I haven't seen a bird of prey in a while, though I heard an owl a couple of nights ago.

About Me

My photo
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.