Trying to keep my femininity alive while grappling with unhappy birds of prey and hiking the trails of Elk Island National Park.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I write the worst titles on Sundays.



This is not a good shot, but I like it. It's just the kinda view that I look up and see when I'm just doing my thing.



This is an adequate snapshot of the Red Tail and Haircut (lost a fight with a swather) sharing a perch in their renovated wind tunnel. They're often to be found side by side, but Haircut has a habit of jumping off it whenever the camera is produced, so I was happy to get this.



Haircut definitely has one thing going for him these days - he definitely gives good Hawk Pants!

The Swainsons that Mrs. G and I attended to yesterday, pre-wing bandage.



A few weeks ago I took a pic of a couple of eggs in a dish. This is one of those eggs.



Just a little blonde left to lose there - I love the little squiggles on the top of it's head.

Scabby's looking fabby!



Very few if any raw spots left!

...and we're gonna need a bigger ball.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh My, what a great photo of all those mice in the ball! How lucky you are to be able to be working with such fabulous birds. Thanks again for your kind words.

booda baby said...

Great blog.
Great birds.
Great work.
And pretty darned good titles, even on a Sunday. Are you a falcrony person or strictly rehabilitator? (I think I'm only trying to exercise my super-petite birdy vocabulary. ha.)

Jim said...

Sassy looking bunch of birds. Half and half daring, like, don't push it.

Imagine that was an egg, mind-blowing reality.

The mouse is looking better, and easy.

I'll bet that is one squeaky ball, they think they know what they are doing, eh?

luluvillage said...

You have such fantastic pictures! I really feel like I am there, with the owl, with the mice...

I am impressed you are managing two blogs, each fully a coherent entity!

About Me

My photo
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.