Trying to keep my femininity alive while grappling with unhappy birds of prey and hiking the trails of Elk Island National Park.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Beaver Pond Trail 2

Beaver Pond Trail beckons you...



...then gives you a great breath of air...



...then draws you close....



...and keeps you close.



There are friends other than beavers to see there too.



I'm hoping to have moose sightings there this year as I have in the past. It's a moose friendly kind of place.



Of course oversized huskies like it too.



Landscapes open like portraits along the trail.



The light plays many games there.





This is what ten pm in Elk Island looks like in May.



Trails of a different sort can be seen.



Trails of a different sort of traveller.



I need to brush up on my weasel-ology. That and get a better zoom.

Never mind. What can be seen with the naked eye satisfies well enough.

5 comments:

Magnus said...

I was travelling with a friend in Northern BC. We had stopped off for a momment on the roadside in MacKenzie on our way back to his place in Prince George to collect some shale for his kids. That was when a moose rose up on the other side of the road. It had risen out of the lake and I was in awe. It was a cow moose. I had waited soooo long to see a moose up close like that. I am still in awe to this day.

Jim said...

Magnificent light, sky, totally different than around here, 10 PM did you say?, incredible, marvelous, but how does one know the time? Does it get dark in May? Surely yes?, How many hours? I could walk right into some of those fields and grasses. Another fresh breath, a wash for my eyes. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I think some of us have genes that make us different from others. There is no doubt your genes are different from mine but then you and I share a love of Nature, wildlife and those things that save lives. I admire you for what you do and for the group that lets you work with them to do it. I like Elk Island and have never been there. I like the animals there and the organization helping them incuding yourself. I am always astonished to see what you have taken pictures of. And the amount of pictures you put on blogger stuns my imagination. Regal birds of prey and tiny owls and mice and doves. It is a kind of miracle. You are welcome to stop at my brookvilleohio.blogspot.com anytime but it is only a small part of what I do. To properly introduce myself you should go to oldmanlincoln.com and then click on Archives and begin by looking at April. Then go to Photography and look at the things under that category. My biggest bird here is the Coopers Hawks and I have some great (to me) photos of them on my board fence. I am working on the site showing my backyard wildlife habitat. I gave it to wildlife (my backyard) years ago and I live about three large city blocks from downtown. It is a sanctuary featuring everything that gets here. Several raccoons come and go and are the current heavyweight stars. Anyway. Love your site. I will certainly tell others about you and what you do and point them in your direction. God Bless.

Linda said...

Amazing blog, came to check it out upon the suggestion of my friend Abe Lincoln!

Will said...

Alright, that does it.

I'm peeling myself away from my computer this weekend and going to the woods.

Thanks.

About Me

My photo
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.